(product photos courtesy of www.mantramask.com
Kim Wellen, the founder of Mantra Mask
, has always loved skincare (I know how she feels). Because of this passion, the found herself working for a high-end skincare line for 9 years. Over time she realized the amazing products she was selling were not available to everyone. Being a mom of young children, she didn’t have the time to spend on expensive skin treatments or go to the dayspa.
What she envisioned was an all natural product that could change the way her skin looked but would not break the bank. That is when Mantra Mask
was born. She was driven to create a treatment with amazing benefits that could be done in 20 minutes while relaxing at home. She partnered with Dr. Hal Simeroth, Stemology
Co-Founder, to create a mask that is all-natural and made in the USA with the highest quality ingredients and that is also affordable. Kim encourages you to put on a Mantra Mask
, sit back and relax. Find some time in your day to nurture yourself, your skin and think about your Mantra.
There are three sheet masks in the collection: Restore & Hydrate, Calm & Clarify and Repair & Renew. I tried all three. Below is my review of each mask and you will see what I think and the benefits of each mask.
The Restore & Hydrate Hydrating Collagen Mask
is a great mask for those with anti-aging needs. It richly moisturizes the skin without oils and calms and repairs troubled skin. It also plumps and firms the face to immediately reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Use of this mask helps to hydrate, lift, firm and rejuvenate the skin. Frequent use of at least twice a week will promote a healthy, youthful looking appearance, which only improves with time. The mask contains the following ingredients to help skin look younger:
- Collagen Amino Acids: a unique non-amimal source of collagen glycoproteins, derived from yeast. These have been shown through clinical trials to deliver enhanced levels of moisture in the skin.
- Salva Hispanica Extract: a specialized botanical extract derived from chia seeds that scientific studies show to be both moisturizing and to reduce inflammation. Calms the skin and reduces irritation.
- Pisum Sativum Peptides: a natural source of amino acids that come from a green pea protein, that provides a plant based hypoallergenic source of balanced protein amino acids to the skin. It hydrates and protects the skin.
- Glycine Betaine: an extract from Beet Sugar that is a highly effective hydrator directly for skin cells. It also helps to reduce irritation and build collagen in the skin.
- Artemisia Abrotanum Extract: a botanical extract providing specialized oligosaccharides which have been clinically shown to improve skin elasticity, firmness, and reduce fine lines.
- Aveena Sativa Kernel Extract: a specialized extract derived from oat polysaccharides that has demonstrated, through numerous clinical trials, an immediate firming, tightening, and lifting of facial skin.
- Beta Glucan: a natural extract derived from yeast that soothes, moisturizes, and tightens skin. It also helps to improve collagen production for wrinkle reduction.
To use the mask, gently unfold and place cloth side on clean, dry face. Remove foil backing and position openings for eye, nose and mouth. Sit back, relans and recharge for 15 to 30 minutes. Massage excess serum into neck and décolletage. There is no need to rinse after use. Remove mask from face and discard. For best results, use twice a week or as often as needed.
Collagen sheet masks have long been used for helping to reduce the signs of aging. It is nice to finally see one that contains a non-animal form of collagen. I used this mask and found it to be extremely hydrating to the skin and felt it was very nice and soothing too. The ingredients that it contains are very good at moisturizing, hydrating, soothing skin and at helping to fight off free radicals. Use of this mask regularly will help keep skin looking younger as it is full of serum that seeps into the upper layers of the skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles looking younger than ever.
If acne is your trouble, then the Calm & Clarify Acne/Blemish Mask
is for you. Even at 47, I still suffer the occasional hormonal breakout. Yes, unfortunately. This mask contains the most natural way to overcome and prevent unwanted blemishes. It helps to clear out pores, exfoliate, kill acne causing bacteria, reduces blemishes reduces sebum production and moisturizes the skin without comedogenic oils.
The ingredients in this mask, plus other helper ingredients provide a highly effective complex to help reduce blemishes, reduce skin oiliness and help prevent future problems. Use this mask as often as needed but at least once a week if you are prone to blemishes. Combined use of the Clarifying Cleanser
with activated charcoal will help to further keep skin free of toxins and pore clogging impurities, as well as to reduce skin oiliness. Together with these two Mantra Mask products, skin will have reduces impurities, toxins and natural sebum production, all while providing moisture, refining pores and exfoliating dead skin for a clean, clear and fresh complexion.
The ingredients in this mask that make it work so well are as follows:
- Canadian Willow Herb: an extract from a Native American plant that has been clinically shown to work in three ways to fight blemishes, First it is anti-bacterial, second it is anti-inflammatory, and third it reduces sebum production.
- Pyrodoxal 5 Phosphate: a light-stable, and water-soluble form of vitamin B6. Clinical testing showed that a gel containing 3% of this reduced sebum production by 65%, versus a placebo, after 28 days.
- Bakuchiol: a botanical extract that scientific studies have shown to be effective against blemishes. It kills acne causing bacteria, reduces inflammation and helps prevent scarring. A natural, less irritating alternative to retinol.
- Aspen Bark Extract: a natural source of salicylic acid that clears pores, kills acne bacteria and promotes the exfoliation of dead skin cells.
- Green Tea EGCG: an ingredient that studies have shown reduced sebum by 35 percent after 4 weeks and 55 percent after 8 weeks. In other studies Green Tea EGCG was shown to be an effective blemish treatment having antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities that significantly reduced blemishes.
- Lavender Extract: an unusual pick yes, but scientific studies have shown lavender to have anti-bacterial, antiseptic and cleansing properties. Plus it is a relaxing smell to have and also is anti-inflammatory. It helps to reduce the redness associated with blemishes.
- Calendula Extract: an extract that studies have shown to be an excellent anti-inflammatory and astringent herbal. It calms and soothes skin so that blemishes are reduced and redness and irritation is calmed quicker than ever before.
To use this mask, follow the same instructions as listed above: gently unfold the mask and place the cloth side on clean, dry skin. Remove the foil backing and position openings for eyes, nose and mouth. Relax, reflect and recharge for 15-30 minutes. Massage the excesss serum onto the neck and décolletage. Do not rinse after use. Remove mask from face and discard. For best results use once to twice a week for blemishes. Do not use too often, so as not to dry out skin.
Even though I still suffer the scourge of acne Imainly on my chin, which means it is hormonal), I need something to treat it. This mask is the perfect thing. It has great ingredients that work well at helping to prevent acne as a prophylactic treatment and as an abortive treatment when blemishes have flared up. That basically means it helps to also get rid of them too. And it also helps to reduce the redness and irritation associated with those blemishes, thus making skin look and feel better without harsh, drying treatments such as benzoyl peroxide. I would not recommend this for extreme acne lesions, mainly for mild to moderate acne. If you do have extreme acne lesions, use this in addition to your regular regimen as a soothing mask.
If you have spent too much time in the sun, then this mask is for you. The Repair & Renew Damage Control/After Sun Mask
is the type of mask one uses not only after a sunburn, but when one has a lot of photoaging. It provides damage control that is great at reducing aging contributors. The important ingredients all work together to renew and rejuvenate skin cells and collagen. When you expose your skin to sunlight or pollution, using this powerful mask can mitigate the harmful effects the sun has on the skin and keep it from the effects of extrinsic aging.
The wonderful ingredients in this mask that make it work are:
- Antioxidants: these neutralize free radicals. This mask is loaded with antioxidants which include the following: Vitamin E, stabilized Vitamin C, CoQ10, Alpha Lipoic acid, Astaxanthan, Green Tea, Black Tea, White Tea, Rooibos Tea Extracts and Sea Kelp Extract. All of these will help in neutralizing cell damage before harm occurs and these help to actually turn back the clock once damage has occurred.
- Anti-inflammatory actives: these include Calendula, Chamomille, Aloe Vera, Chia Seed, and St. John’s Wort Extracts. They calm and soothe the skin, reduce inflammation, halt irritation, and help skin renewal.
- Actives for cellular & collagen renewal: these include Creatine, Vitamins B3, Vitamin B5, Gotu Kola Extract, Yeast Extract and Beta Glucan. Beta Glucan is a unique extract that activates the power of Glutathione for cell renewal.
As with the other masks, this one is used the same way. Gently unfold maks and place cloth side on a clean, dry face. Remove the foil backing and position opening for eyes, nose and mouth. Relax, reflect and recharge for 15-30 minutes. Massage excess serum into neck and décolletage. There is no need to rinse after use. You want the serum to seep into the skin. Remove mask from face and discard. For best results use twice a week or as often as needed.
This mask is an anti-aging mask, it helps to reduce inflammation, redness and irritation from sun exposure (immediate and photoaging due to sun exposure from the past). What I like about this mask is it is brightening, helps to reduce inflammation, renews skin cells and reduces irritation. It can be used in two ways. If you have a sunburn or immediate sun exposure and get tan, use the mask to help reduce the photoaging that you just got. This mask will help reduce the redness, irritation and inflammation associated with the exposure. The other way to use the mask is if you are trying to reduce past sun exposure form previous sunburns/suntans that you received. It will brighten the skin, reduce hyperpigmentation, some fine lines, reduce inflammation, irritation and even out the skin tone. It is a very powerful mask.
Here is a photo of me wearing one of the masks:
are available through www.mantramask.com
. They also offer a Clarifying Cleanser with Activated Charcoal ($10.00) that is very nice for blemished skin. And also they have a monthly subscription for their masks that is $25.00 and with that you get 5 masks of your choosing!!!! That is an excellent deal considering each mask normally costs $10.00 per mask. Right there you are saving $25.00!!!!. If you are happy with their masks (and I am) I would choose this option. It is an excellent deal. Like Mantra Mask on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mantramask
; Follow Mantra Mask on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/mantramask
and Follow Mantra Mask on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mantramask/
Until Next Time~
(These were sent for consideration)