Little Changes Make a Difference!
New Year’s resolutions seem SO two months ago, don’t they? The fact is, statistics show that most resolutions are out the door by mid-February. I think I know why. We bite off more than we can chew.
The recipe for success is to make tiny little changes that we can stick to. Let’s do it!
Here are a few to get us started:
- Diet: Focus on one meal that you will make super healthy each day. Just one! Starting with breakfast can usually set the trend for the day. So stock up on fresh fruit and veggies, healthy protein, and whole grains. Try cooked oatmeal topped with almonds or dried cranberries, maybe a whole-wheat tortilla filled with vegetables, salsa, and low-fat shredded cheese. Starting the day off healthy can trickle to the rest of the meals during the day, so just take the pressure off eating healthy all day and start with one meal!
- Skincare: Pick one day a week to nurture your skin. Call it a mini-spa day. Cleanse, tone, use your favorite sheet mask and just sit back and relax. This winter, try Mantra Mask’s CBD Marine Hydration Mask to tighten, moisturize, and re-hydrate if you are suffering from dry skin. It’s filled with natural nutrients from the sea like SEA KELP BIOFERMENT. Derived from California Sea Kelp, this powerful ingredient provides long-lasting hydration to the skin. Make sure to start with Mantra’s CBD Clarifying Cleanser with Charcoal to get your skin prepped for all the natural goodness to seep into those pores! Put on a hair mask, make a cup of tea and enjoy. Your skin, hair, and mindset will be better for it.
- Exercise: Maybe your goal was to get to the gym three times a week, and you just can’t make it happen, so you’ve given up. Time to start over. Make your goal to move your body every day. Are you sitting at your cube for a few hours? Get up and take a walk around the block. Guess what? The rush of endorphins will lift your mood, and chances are, it feels so good you might want to do it again during the 4 pm slump and even walk again when you get home. The feel-good that comes from a nice walk is contagious. Sometimes when our workout goals are too lofty, we quit entirely and end up with a bowl of Ben and Jerry’s on the couch. Simply make moving your body goal #1!
- Mindfulness: Bring grateful thoughts into your life. Our minds get cluttered with worry and stress. YOU have the power to control your mind. Start with a journal in the morning. Write down one small (or big) thing you are grateful for. Maybe it’s your favorite coffee creamer every morning. Start and end your day with your journal; you’ll see that the grateful focus starts to seep into your whole day! Focusing on the good and readjusting your mindset throughout the day does wonders.
- Nurture: We often take care of others, but we lose sight of self-care’s physical and mental importance. A self-care routine has been clinically proven to “reduce or eliminate anxiety and depression, reduce stress, improve concentration, minimize frustration and anger, increase happiness, improve energy, and more.” It’s ok – even vital – to put yourself first sometimes. This doesn’t have to mean a weekly spa day. It can mean taking 20 minutes to read a favorite book at your lunch break, A 2 o’clock power nap on days you are exhausted, or a long chat with a long-distance friend. Fit it in where you can. When heading to the school pick-up line, I put on my CBD Coconut Eye Gels with Lavender, put on my sunglasses, and turn on my favorite podcast. Now 20 minutes into the car turns into my favorite time of day. Refreshed and hydrated, and my car smells like the spa – and my under-eye area is better off for it too!
So don’t give up! It’s ok to adjust and make your goals for fitness and life manageable. You’ll be amazed how small steps lead you to big change.